The mission of CFUM is to create a community that supports the potential of children, youth, and families through educational success, healthy living, and community engagement.
K-5 Program Associate
CFUM currently has an opening for a K-5 Program Associate. This is a non-exempt, part-time, hourly position. If interested in this part-time position, please send a resume and cover letter to Hannah Olson, [email protected]
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with staff, volunteers and program participants to ensure a safe and
nurturing environment, relationship building, community building.
- Assist with implementation of purposeful activities for program participants.
- Provide direction and assistance to children.
- Provide direction and assistance to volunteers.
- Prepare and organize program space and materials for programming and clean up after
- Be available for scheduled meetings and training.
- Provide re-direction for participants when needed.
- Address significant behavioral issues in accordance with CFUM policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Program Coordinator– Coordinate all aspects of the program
- Program Associates – implement program plans
- Children – engage in program activities
Volunteers – orient and direct for support
External Contacts: none
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic human development regarding the ages of children served
- Communication skills – listening, speaking clearly
- Ability to observe large group settings and respond appropriately where needed.
- Ability to set and maintain boundaries with children
- Conflict resolution
- Represent CFUM positively, professionally, courteously and effectively.
- Assist or take on new tasks to help CFUM achieve its mission.
- Build positive internal and external relationships.
- Adhere to the CFUM values.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding participants, personnel, and organizational information at all times.